Monday, November 5, 2007

The Journey to Grandmother

The journey to grandmother is one that sort of just "happened". It wasn't like I looked at my life and decided I was "ready" to be a grandmother. In fact, in many ways I wasn't ready at all. It seemed like only yesterday when I was the mother of young children, with a whole lot of energy, and always promises of tomorrow. Well tomorrow is HERE...in this very moment, so it's time to really enjoy each and every day. To focus on the positive, to cherish the here and now, to do what I want rather than what someone expects or dictates. Not that I was ever one to let one dictate to me...but you know what I mean...trying to live up to the expectations of others, of society, of the "shoulds". There's no such thing as "perfect" but thats the best part of being a grandmother...it's not about perfect...it's just about being there!

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...