Journey to Professional Growth

Well I have to be at work at 6:30 in the morning to travel to a conference for professional growth. Hopefully it will be good. Sometimes things are not as expected. Right now at work I am trying to improve my skill/ability/knowledge of how to help kids change behaviors that are impeding their progress.
There are so many this year that have no motivation and appear apathetic about school. Their work ethic is nonexistent and they do not appear to see a "reason" to even try. I am alarmed at the trend. They will sit the whole hour and do absolutely no work even with extra attention, encouragement or reprimands.
It is something I struggle to comprehend. We are working on implementing Positive Behavior Support and interventions for these students. However there are parts of the whole process that I do not really believe in (philosophy) nor think will really work (interventions). Don't get me wrong. I am usually open to change and new ideas. I just feel like the behaviors and attitudes are so deeply engrained that it is going to be much harder than "theory" says it will be.
So tomorrow is not just about behavior, there are other topics too. I will let you know how it all turns out.......for now...HUG your kids and remind them that you do have expectations for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Day

Recipe Creativity

Little Treasures