Okay here are my five things about St. Patrick's Day, Ireland, and/or leprechauns.
1. St. Patrick is believed to have driven the snakes from Ireland. At one time a pagen, St. Patrick is one of Christianity's most widely known figures.
2. The first St. Patrick's Day parade took place not in Ireland, but in the United States. Irish soldiers serving in the English military marched through New York City on March 17, 1762.
Above two facts from: History.com
3. Leprechauns have become self-appointed guardians of ancient treasure. This treasure was left by the Danes when they maruaded through Ireland. It is buried in crocks and pots.
4. The name leprechaun comes from the Irish leath bhrogan or shoemaker.
5. If a leprechaun gets caught by a mortal, he will promise great wealth if allowed to go free. But be careful he carries two leather pouches. One has a silver shilling, a magical coin that returns to the purse each time it is paid out. In the other he carries a gold coin that he will use to try and bribe his way out of difficult situations.
The above three facts were read about at Ireland's Eye.
Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...
Kelsey was home for a few days at Easter so we headed out on Monday for a few stops and to enjoy the beautiful weather. Our first stop....Oa...
I wanted to share with you today my creative recipe planner/book that I am creating. It's by MAMBI Create 365 which also makes the Happy...
I just wanted to share my LOVE of planners and journals! Oh me oh my....these are just a few of my wonderful collection. The planner t...