Okay here are my five things about St. Patrick's Day, Ireland, and/or leprechauns.
1. St. Patrick is believed to have driven the snakes from Ireland. At one time a pagen, St. Patrick is one of Christianity's most widely known figures.
2. The first St. Patrick's Day parade took place not in Ireland, but in the United States. Irish soldiers serving in the English military marched through New York City on March 17, 1762.
Above two facts from: History.com
3. Leprechauns have become self-appointed guardians of ancient treasure. This treasure was left by the Danes when they maruaded through Ireland. It is buried in crocks and pots.
4. The name leprechaun comes from the Irish leath bhrogan or shoemaker.
5. If a leprechaun gets caught by a mortal, he will promise great wealth if allowed to go free. But be careful he carries two leather pouches. One has a silver shilling, a magical coin that returns to the purse each time it is paid out. In the other he carries a gold coin that he will use to try and bribe his way out of difficult situations.
The above three facts were read about at Ireland's Eye.
Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...
We headed down to Klondike Park for our first hike of 2018. The beautiful weather called us to a little adventure and even though it was a m...
Have you ever wondered about life? The path you are walking, the memories that compose you? I've read books, I've written sporadical...