Saturday, June 14, 2008

The "I Should Be" Journey

Oh you know the journey I mean...the ones that start with...."I should be..." In fact I was going to start this very post with....I should be in bed but....

I wonder how many times that phrase is used in a week....??? The truth is "I should be" never gets us anywhere. It's a deadend journey....one where you either run out of gas or out of road...either way BOOM...it's over!

"I should be"... is the appetizer of guilt...it sets the stage for not being happy with where you are and what you are choosing to do...even though sometimes it really is something to pay attention to! We can and do waste time...but it's really not a matter of should or should not...but a choice we are making.

I use it a lot...but mostly tongue in cheek...I know what I should be doing and perhaps I am just a bit defiant....but either way...I'll do what I want..when I want...LOL and yeah sometimes when I stay up too late...I regret it a bit in the groggy morning hours...but hey...there's only so many hours in this lifetime...and I mean to get the MOST out of them...

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...