Monday, September 1, 2008

Family Tradition

As I am sitting here listening to Hanks William Jrs. Family Tradition...I thought hmmmm....good subject matter for Ginger's Journey...LOL

"Hank why do you drink and Hank why do you roll smoke...why must you live out the songs that you wrote...stop and think it over..."

Famous words and fun to contemplate. We often "play out" family traditions both good and bad...I like to dream I have been able to combine some of the fun with some common sense...which I think SOME of my family members have not achieved...I can be a little "wild and crazy" without it consuming my whole life.

"I have loved some ladies and I have loved Jim Beam and they both tried to kill me back in 1973"

For some reason this line sticks in my head...makes me smile even though it is not something to smile about in particular...maybe the whole survival thing....reminds me that we can survive a lot...oh sure better "not to be there" at all but if you fall in a hole...GET OUT...and for goodness sakes after falling in the same hole ten times....remember to "WALK AROUND IT"!!!!

For some reason this is a song a lot of people sing along with...must touch a nerve in a lot of people. It also reminds us to choose our own path for our journey...don't be afraid to go in a different direction...be bold...take a few risks, and make your own way...one thing is for sure...you only travel the journey of life ONCE...you might as well get some mileage out of it...of course...within reason!

"So if I get stoned and sing all night long...it's a family tradition."

"Leave me alone...I'm singing all night long...it's a family tradition"

OKAY....let's make this clear...I'm NOT getting stoned...but I could sing all night long!!! LOL!!!

Have a GREAT week...and I'll be back soon with more insane ramblings!!! Take Care!

1 comment:

tricia said...

OMG I know this song thanks for sharing. I needed a laugh & you just cracked me up with your ending

THANKS

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...