Through this life
Touching not hands
Just a melody
Of unspoken thoughts
Truths we know
Is not measured
Nor even deeds
It is measured
In the essence
I love that last one...Career Suicide.....now that's F-U-N-N-Y!!!
My thoughts on Tobaira of the Waters:
Well, dear readers, I could go on and on forever...but there are thoughts for you to think and now is the time for you to do so. PLEASE note that the Focus for the Day will be presented at my other blog: Faery Dust & Faery Kisses after today. If you are interested in reading more, please visit me there!
You know....just stuff like that....stuff that takes us in a circle and brings us back to where we started.
1. Images of a black or dark skinned Madonna with dark hair are among the oldest Madonna images in the world. Hmmmm...it is believed that these are a result of symbolic meanings and representations of attributes of goddesses.
2. Black Madonna images, both sculptures and paintings, have been found around the world. This representation of the feminine divine has been noted by Jungians and mystics. This image in its blackness represents the mystery surrounding the divine...a light so bright as to be seen only as blackness.
3. Also know as the Queen of Nature, she represnts fertile transformation both in the common meaning of the word...through birth & nature but also internal birth and change.
4. Other names depicting the Dark Lady through out Mexico and other countries: Sorrowful Mother, Mater Dolorosa, The Madonna of Solitude and Sorrow.
5. There is also similarities between the Dark Lady and a Hopi spirit called Crow Mother. She is noted as the Keeper of Balance and is the mother who fertilizes life.
6. BUT perhaps the most interesting to me was the following quotation taken from the article by Rich Heffern but is in part contributed to Craighead. ....
"With contemporary lore about black holes at the center of our galaxy and elementary particles burbling into existence out of nothing, Craighead said, “science now shows us pragmatically what people in both the Old World and the New have probably always known forever, with their deep hunches about our origins. Black is holy. It’s the mysteries of the night sky. We both come from and are contained somehow by this darkness.”
National Catholic Reporter July 25, 2008
Those are my ramblings today about the Dark Lady...she is encouraging a connection to the earth which I find ironic in this age of "going green". So while the term dark might lead one to believe in evil...the Dark Lady represents nature, sorrow, new beginnings and the essence of transfomation. She is a strong feminine image that evokes strength and support.
Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...