Sunday, March 21, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Let me explain the adventure here in part one so you know the parameters and the game plan. We wanted to do a Spring Break trip....but none of us had bunches of money so we started thinking of places to go close by and picked Hot Springs Arkansas....there's actually lots to do there....the weather wasn't as warm as we would have hoped but then again our school has spring break VERY early...
My friend, Sherry called around and found a hotel that had a stay two nights and get the third night FREE...remember...gotta LOVE FREE....so we grabbed that right up...total cost with taxes etc....$75.00 each!!! Well. right before we arrived about three or so miles out....a horrid thunderstorm struck with hail....yikes...there was even a tornado touch down...a few miles away. We pulled into a gas station to get our bearings and Sherry asked about the Comfort Inn....now we had the address but you know it can get tricky in a new place. So he directed us to Comfort Inn and Suites but then ran out to tell us there's also a Comfort Inn...a block over the other direction...
We head to that Comfort Inn...wrong address but Sherry pops in to ask about the other location...then back in the car for a block in the other direction....still wrong address.... but in Sherry goes. "No we do not have a reservation for you...are you sure you aren't at the other Comfort Inn?" No we just checked there..."Hmmm....let me see your confirmation page...hmmm that says Country Inn and Suites." How embarrassing for Sherry....lol...I didn't go in....So down the road we go to the Country Inn and Suites. It's VERY nice and we have a great location...first floor with a outside door right on the end of the hallway where we are...plus just two doors down the exercise room and pool....along with the ice machine...LOVE IT!!!
Now the BEST part is that they served a FABULOUS FREE...breakfast every morning...so chang ching....three free breakfasts every morning..Thursday, Friday, Saturday...Total Cost....$0.
More Fun and Games and FREE...coming up in part 2.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Right now I'm tired and headed for some sleep in my own bed...and tomorrow I have to catch up with family...particularly my little boo bear...Evan....but I hope to have some blog posts up late tomorrow....and maybe a few pictures....
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Anyway Sherry managed to find us a hotel that was buy two nights get the third night free so that saved us some bucks. The hotel has a breakfast included so that's even a better bargain. Then we will try the racetrack/casino on Thursday...which is ladies night..half price!! We are not staying at the Arlington but we are going to have drinks in the bar and check it out for both historical and haunted reasons. The main thing is to just get away for a few days and do something a little different. I'm pretty sure we can manage to have fun regardless of what we end up doing!
So no blog posts for a few days. I'll try to pop back in on Sunday and give a low down of the trip!!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
- The second weekend of June, my daughters, grandson Evan, and I are taking the Amtrack to Chicago. We will be gone four days and want to see Shedd's Aquarium and eat at the Rainforest Cafe again. Evan is looking forward to the train trip.
- End of June...June 26th...a group of friends, Kelsey, and I are flying out of St. Louis to Cozumel, Mexico....for a eight day, seven nights trip...Plan to see the Mayan ruins, swim, snorkle. and other stuff...mostly at the resort because it is an all inclusive trip!!
- July...Camping at Bennet Springs and a trip to Silver Dollar City....
- July...end of the month or first part of August....not sure because of school start date... Some of us are going to Eureka Springs Arkansas to stay at the haunted Basin Hotel and Crescent Hotel...a night at each complete with a two hour ghost tour...both nights...one of the Basin and one of the Crescent...
- There may be one other trip to visit a friend....during the summer too.....but too early to know for sure on that one!! :)
Those are the main TRIPS....although we have some day things planned too plus of course our big annual Backyard Bash!!!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...
We headed down to Klondike Park for our first hike of 2018. The beautiful weather called us to a little adventure and even though it was a m...
Have you ever wondered about life? The path you are walking, the memories that compose you? I've read books, I've written sporadical...