Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Reading


I didn't end up reading as much this summer as I would have liked. I guess when you take as many trips as I did you just don't have the time to sit down and read...lol. I took three books on the trip to Mexico and ended up reading all three of them on the flights. Not much else to do but stress about the bumping flight and crazy landings! But to tell you the truth, I can't even rememer the titles...oh yeah...One was Concrete Blonde (and there was another murder mystery one) and then I can't remember the title of the thrid one but it was about ghost lights...sort of. It was a novel but not particularly well written.

I also started reading Enrique's Journey but it was depressing so I didn't finish it. If I'm going to read I want an escape not something depressing! I'm sure I read a few more books also but for the life of me...I can't remember what!!

I read the Christmas Cookie Club as part of Christmas in July over at Magical Holiday Home. It was interesting. It told the stories of several friends that all do this cookie swap each year. Sad at times but always with the message that life moves forward.

Now I am getting ready to read: 7th Heaven by James Patterson. It's one of the women's murder club mysteries. I like his other books better but these aren't a bad read!  I'll let you know what I think when I finish it!

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...