Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quests, & Dragons & Unicorns!


If you have been reading Ginger's Journey for very long...you know I love the idea of a journey and can tie it into almost anything....you also know that each year I pick a word to live...I have been pondering the word for 2011. In the past I have used simplify, action, believe, serendipty...to name a few. For 2011 I have settled on the word Quest.

Why quest you may ask....isn't it like a journey? Why YES it is...don't you just love that? But it is more than an ordinary journey.....A quest is the act or an instance of seeking or pursuing something; a search, An expedition undertaken in medieval romance by a knight in order to perform a prescribed task. You have to just LOVE how it falls into place with my little saying about heroes taking journeys...I mean a knight is a hero!  And isn't the journey that we all travel through life really a quest...a quest searching for self, understanding, a higher power, etc.

I am seeing 2011 as a quest....or maybe more accurately a series of quests where I ponder things of meaning to me..both big and small....where I live my life as a quest...as I travel through the year...searching for many things...as of yet I can not put all of those into words....the year will unfold as it does and I will know....as the year goes by....it will be a natural. I found the following quotation which is in line with my thinking.



"Heroes know that things must happen when it is time for them to happen. A quest may not simply be abandoned; unicorns may go unrescued for a long time, but not forever; a happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story.” Peter Beagle, The Last Unicorn

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...