Thursday, November 24, 2011

Another Art Journal Page

 

I hesitate to share some of my art journal pages. They are so.."elementary like" compared to some of the really awesome ones I see on some blogs. I tend to think of those as "real art" and mine as well, I don't know something less. But the truth is....even though they might look like something a child creates in school, they are still very satisfying to create.  Afterall I do them for me, for creative expression and not to display.

So after some thought I'm sharing my first snowfall page. I found the little quotation in a magazine and that spurred the page. I used blue and white paint to create the background and then tore piece of white paper for the snow man and snow flakes. 

The quotation: "The first fall of snow is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up in another quite different." J.B. Priestley

It was fun to be messy with the paint and even though it is rather elementary, I still like it. It taps into that childish joy inside us all about the beauty of snow. It also nudges those childhood memories and the fun of just running wildly in the falling snow!!  To me those things are the important things about art journals...not the creation but the things the creative process taps into, unleashes, and celebrates!

I'm going to continue in my art journal in 2012 but I also have another crative challenge I read about on another blog. I will be sharing that with you at the end of December so you can get ready to have some crative FUN also!  I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...