Sunday, January 15, 2012

Little Leather Journal

You might remember I mentioned picking up this little leather art journal. It's so adorable. It is 3 1/3 inches by 5 inches so not really big at all. I love it so much I am having anxiety because I want to buy a few more and I'm afraid they will sell out of them before I get back to Hobby Lobby. (ok, I'm a little CrAzY).

I love it so much I was having a hard time starting it because I didn't want to mar the perfect little thing! I was also unsure of how the pages would stand up to watercolor or markers because they are kind of thin.  Plus I wanted to pick something special to use it for and that thought just hadn't popped into my mind yet. I decided to try watercolor on the first page because it is slightly thicker. Then after painting it, it just sort of popped into my head....Soul Musings!

I've blogged Soul Musings and I'm actually writing a book called Soul Musings but I've never explored them in an art journal. Soul Musings are little spiritual thoughts about God, life, spirituality, the soul, life's meaning, etc.

Well one thing lead to another and I watercolor painted the back of that first page and added a little sheet of scrapbook paper to the opposite page so I could journal some thoughts easily. I'm not sure how the rest of the book will progress but I love the little journal so far. I think having a little book that one loves makes you more inclined to put some of your most creative thought into it!

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...