So today....I took down the August calendar and realized....that it's my last August to spend working at school. So I decided to say "goodbye" to August and blog about it here at Ginger's Journey. I'll also share:
Here are the thoughts from the August one.
Each page has some journaling starters but I have been trying to mix them up so they aren't the same every month.
- Something that made me wonder why.....As you can read in the picture I wondered why we didn't get first day of school information sooner. All in all the first day went pretty well but I'm a creature of habit and I know after 30 years that everyone feels a little more comfortable "knowing" what's going to happen.
- A WOW moment was when I actually realized that I had worked with 14 principals over the last 30 years.
- A "this is the last time" moment. First day of school....felt bittersweet and surreal.
- Something that made me go Hmmmm. The number of so called "trainings" we had this year and had to "sign off" on them. Sorry but reading a 19 page handout isn't really training. We also watched numerous videos. I don't really feel like the trainings are for us to actually "learn" anything but are more a CYA for the district. It's like that everywhere now days though not just in our school. It is the way of the times but it sure feels like shaky ground.
- A "when we do this next year" moment. We started talking about some changes we might want to make to handing out schedules next year and I found myself thinking...."I'm not going to be here to worry about this next year." I have to admit....I like it....feels very freeing.
- Something that made me laugh. I'm sure there are plenty of things I laughed about in August but when confronted with this page I came up blank. So I picked up the phone and called Debbie to see if she remembered anything funny I laughed about. Then I realized how absurd that was and ended up laughing about it...hence I used it for my page!
- One thing I'm totally looking forward to. Alaska Cruise. June 2014. This is a combination retirement cruise/vacation for both Dale and I. A couple friends are going with us and we are really looking forward to the adventure!!