Full Moon Folklore

The full moon was Wednesday night and it was glorious. Round and shimmering with beauty.

This moon is called the Harvest Moon by most. In the medicine wheel of the Cherokee it is the third moon of Shawnodese, the south. This moon can teach you about gathering things into your life, about preparing and about turning points. As summer turns into fall it is important to remember the natural cycles of the seasons and of life.

 
Many people might consider my interest in the full moon folklore to be pagan or even "witchy".  I don't. God created the full moon as surely as he did anything else and in most of my full moon readings the symbolism and the lessons to be taught are NOT in conflict with Christian views. I don't pretend to worship the moon, but rather to learn from it. I believe there are things we are suppose to learn in this lifetime, to fulfill our journey. I don't think it really matters how we learn them (well I'm not suggesting a murderous rampage or anything)
 
The Harvest Moon teaches us about discrimination, fair decisions, good sense, perseverance, confidence, and the ability to analyze. I don't see anything evil in that. And don't get me wrong, I do believe in evil. I don't fully understand it but I know it exists. I just don't think God gets upset if I look at the beautiful moon and am filled with the wonder of the universe. I don't think He shudders if I talk about the energy and the lessons that the moon can teach us. More through study and reflection than anything else.
 
 
The moon catches your eye but it is only in reflection and contemplation that you can learn the lessons from it.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Day

Recipe Creativity

Little Treasures