Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What I'm Reading Tuesday: City of Bones


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is book one in the Mortal Instrument series. This series is written for teens/young adults but since the story line appealed to me (And I didn't have anything else to read) I thought I'd give it a try. I'm currently on page 331 (out of 485) and I have to say its sort of lost it's punch. I'm not sure why but all of the sudden I've lost interest. The story line is at a stand still or seems to be dragging. Oh never fear, I'm going to finish it...it's not a dismal loss. Just yearning for a little action or some type of resolution.

Since it's the first book in the series I doubt I get any real resolution (or what would be the point of book two?) The book starts out with Clary and Simon who are best friends. They're on an adventure at a club when Clary notices some weird looking characters and encounters the Shadow Hunters for the first time. She discovers the world she has always known is also inhabited by demons, werewolves, vampires and other creatures. She also ends up finding out about who she really is.  I don't want to give a lot of details about the story because I do think its worth the read, even with the slow down at the end of the book.

That's what I'm reading....what about you?  I have book two, City of Glass, but I'm not sure if I will go directly into book two or if I will take a break from the series and head in another direction for a while.

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...