Thursday, January 9, 2014

Neverending Holiday Break

So we were supposed to return to school on January 2nd but we are still off due to record snowfall, cold temperatures and now more snow and possibly a little freezing rain. I'm all ready to wear my 100 Days left shirt but alas....the time has not arrived!

 
I've always said there's no use worrying about Mother Nature because it's not something you can control. I've had some GREAT extra days off...sledding, Mexican Train dominoes, lunch and dinners with friends, snow day poker and lots of laughs.
 
I have been a little restless a couple days which in turn made me wonder if retirement will find me bored or restless. I think this is a little different though as I feel like I have "unfinished business". It's not like I can adjust to my "new normal" because I know at some point, on some day I will be returning to work.  There's a lot to do yet to finish the year and shut down the 2013-2014 school year. So many dangling ends. 
 
Being restless and bored isn't anything confined to snow days. Sometimes it happens on weekends, or even during a busy school day. One might have a 100 and 1 things to do and still feel a bit restless. No I think this vague feeling of restlessness is related to knowing that even though I have days off it is not truly... "over". Plus with this weather I've been "in the house" more than usual!
 
More Last Year thoughts coming your way soon. :)

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...