Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Last Year: The Letter


On Monday February 3rd I turned in my letter to the district indicating my intent to retire at the end of this school year. Another milestone moment in this the LAST year! Still seems surreal!


I think this sign speaks to my mind set. I admit a tad bit of nervousness as I sent the "official" letter. I'm excited and look forward to a lot of opportunities ahead but at the same time this career has defined and consumed my world for 30 years. That's not something you let go of lightly. I'm more than ready to move into a new phase of life but I think a little nervousness is quite normal!

It's like the end of a great movie (well... great to me..lol). You know the ending is coming and you are wanting to know the outcome but at the same time you aren't quite prepared for it!  Rather than thinking of it as the end of a great movie I'm going to think of it as an opportunity to "direct" another hit!  Summer awaits, Alaska cruise and then I'm doing some serious writing...ok...as well as taking naps occasionally.


See you again soon....as I continue the final months of this the Last Year!!

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...