40 Days & 40 Words: Dance

 
Dance!  I figure I've danced plenty to my own rhythm and in doing so have made some life long friends and probably ticked off a few people too! Such is life. The truth is the dance goes on. Retirement might alter the beat a little but it won't stop the dance. I'm not going to be sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to ask me to dance
 
 
I figure this one fits me even better than the last. I'm sure I've been thought insane a few times. Most people in education have been. Project Construct back in the kindergarten days was one such time. Kids "constructing" their own knowledge. Crazy right?  One of the things I've endeavored to do throughout life is to keep an open mind about new things, to take time to at least dance for a bit to see if this new melody is one worth following. I'll not follow the Piped Piper but I will at least "look" at something regardless of how crazy it sounds.  
 
To me the idea behind the word dance....is that we should allow ourselves a chance to just "be" who we want to be. Unencumbered by what people think or the burdens of this world. Dance.  Teaching kindergarten I came to understand how powerful and life fulfilling this concept is. This unfettered dance of life that kids "get right" most of the time and adults seldom do.
 
I'm going to try to dance a lot during retirement. To seek out things that bring me joy and hopefully in the process bring joy to others also.
 
I encourage you to dance with me!!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Day

Recipe Creativity

Little Treasures