40 Days 40 Words: Joy


Last night I finished some financial planning/decisions I've been working on since February.  It brought me JOY.  Lots of things along this path to retirement have brought me joy but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say there are some mixed feelings long the way too. Although I know 100% in my heart that this is the right decision and the right time to retire, sometimes a bit of confusion and worry slips in; along with a twinge of sadness. When you give up something that has meant the world to you, actually at times consumed your world, it's sure to be a bit on an emotional roller coaster ride. 

 
 
Over all this journey to retirement has been one filled with joy. From the crazy days of kindergarten when we spent endless hours designing bulletin boards to the wacky middle school where if you spend to much time there you start to act like a middle schooler.  From my first pay check where I made 600 and something dollars to these months spent planning the financial aspects of retirement. There is joy in the journey!
 
Life is good, my friends! The next two months I will experience quite a few joyous celebrations of retirement. My official school retirement party. My family retirement party. My retirement trip to Alaska and other simple pleasures!
 
Till the next word....find joy!
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Day

Recipe Creativity

Little Treasures