Friday, April 25, 2014

40 Days 40 Words: Wrinkles


Today's word is wrinkles. Yep it's a strange one but bear with me. Wrinkles are earned. They are part of who we are and they should be treasured rather than feared! They prove to the world that we've been in this for the long haul!
 
 
You are only as old as you allow yourself to be. Age is not measured in years (or by wrinkles) but in the vitality of life. Keep living, laughing, dancing and having adventures and you are never truly old!
 
 
I like to think of retirement as a time to marinate. Wrinkles and all I'm excited about the opportunities that retirement will afford me. What a wonderful luxury my years in education have given me; retirement at an age when I still have plenty of energy to do the things I love and perhaps a few new things too!
 
See you soon with another word!

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...