40 Days 40 Words: Faith

 
As I step into this new adventure....called retirement....faith is a word that impacts me on multiple levels.
 
First, faith has been a big part of my life for the past 30 years, faith that we are making sound decisions about children, curriculum and the direction we are heading. That faith has been shaken a little of late. Faith that I can keep getting up each day and meet the needs of children from all walks of life, living lives none of us even know exist.
 
Second, faith was there in my decision to retire. To walk out on that ledge of "fixed" income and "final" decisions. Faith that it is the right time in both my professional and personal life to do this. It's not something taken lightly. I am confident of the decision.
 
Third, faith will continue to guide me as I walk a new path, make new decisions, and continue to enjoy living life. I will be exploring new things in my life and enriching existing things. I am happy. Now one could choose to dwell on endings, and growing old, and other such things. I choose not to as that really isn't what retiring is all about for me. It's about opening a grand door of possibilities.
 
Two more posts and my 40 Days 40 Words series will come to a close. Never fear, I'll continue to write here on Ginger's Journey about all sorts of topics. Who knows I might even have a Retirement: The First Year series.....I haven't decided yet!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Day

Recipe Creativity

Little Treasures