Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesdays, Kitchens and Retirement

So I thought I should blog the next day of the Great Alaska Adventure IF I'm ever going to get it done but just not in the "mood".  I've actually accomplished some things the last two days.  I seriously don't know where the day goes as it zips by in the blink of an eye. Sure didn't used to do that when I was working!  Today the "focus" was on the kitchen and while I did work on it I also watched some TV. Hey I'm retired! I can't be busy constantly!   I am getting the pantry organized and things back in place so it will come together sooner or later!


We always go pick Evan up after school which means that we need to head out about 2:15. That in itself makes the day seem short! I figure if I can't get something accomplished before then it's a wash and I'll just try again tomorrow. I can't believe he is already in second grade! After he gets home and has his snack we work on homework and then I head to the gym with Cresia.

 
I feel this need to get my days organized but I also don't want them to be so crammed full of chores and projects that there's no room for just "being" or doing what I want to do. I think the reality of being retired is here and with it a little bit of a struggle to redefine my days. It's not a bad thing just need to find a new "normal."
 
Don't give up on the rest of the Alaska Adventure blog posts...they are coming...and maybe one will pop up on a day when you need a little cheering up and the pictures will make you smile!
 
 

No comments:

Featured Post

Thursday March 12th was our first full day in Shanghai and it was a whirlwind of activity. We headed to Starbucks first for a taste of home ...