Lessons From an Old Cat
1. Live life fully no matter where you are.... outside, in the garage, in the basement or curled up on the sofa. Live it, love it, cherish it. Mulan always has. His personality allows him to take advantage of all the good in life from sunny days in front of the window to cozy snuggles on the sofa to roaming the back yard on a dark night.
2. Never forget those who scratch your ears and never let them forget you even if it means biting their toes as they walk around the house. Make yourself known. Don't be meek.
3. Get back up. Keep getting back up when life knocks you down. Do it as many times as you can and when you're down for the final count, know that you have made a difference. That your courageous approach to life has inspired others.
4. Let yourself be loved. When you're happy, when you're sad, when you are a grumpy old cat, let others pet you and scratch your ears and cuddle you. Let them say I love you as many times as they want, even when you know it does them more good than it does you.
5. Chase mice. Chase mice, chase shadows, jump up in the window. Do all the things in life that give you purpose, that you love, that make you cherish the hours of each new day. Follow your heart and do what you love.
6. Let your friends lick your ears. When you are feeling under the weather and you're weak, let your friends lick your ears. Let them groom you and delight in their attention and know that even your furry friends are inspired by your strength!
Mulan (almost 16 years of age)